That’s right, you read it correctly – a breakfast muffin with BACON! It’s the weekend, so I have a little more time to mess around in the kitchen. I saw a recipe similar to this on TGIPaleo’s blog site and I had to try it for myself. You should too . I made a couple tweaks and edits to their recipe, but all in all I find that either way you make them, you still get something delicious with bacon.
As I put together this recipe, my little helper was trying to get to the bacon! The little guy likes it as much as I do.
- 1/2 c Almond Butter
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 3 T Maple Syrup
- 1 T Vanilla
- 1/2 cups Coconut Flour
- 1/2 t Baking Soda
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 4 Eggs
- 1+1/2 t bacon grease
- 3 slices Bacon, cooked* and diced
*Cook bacon in the oven on a non-stick pan at 325 F for 15-20 minutes until crispy (but not too crispy). This is the easiest and best way to cook bacon ever! Collect a tiny bit of the grease to grease the muffin pans as well as add to the batter. Don’t be scared, it’s not too much.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the almond butter, banana, vanilla, and maple syrup until it’s well combined.
- Add in the coconut flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the eggs and bacon grease and fully combine ingredients
- Lastly, use a wooden spoon to mix in the bacon bits.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Gobble these puppies up and make it all over again